I've been exceptionally busy lately, so it's been a while.
We've been working on stuff for our house: loan papers, permits, etc. We had to have a tree removed so we can have a driveway, and clean all of that up. It's been crazy. Hopefully everything will settle down with that and I'll have a house soon. We've got to have a new dining room table, the one we have doesn't really work in the house we want. It's not the right color or big enough for the room it's going in. So now the search begins for a dining room table and also a dresser that we both like for our room.
I had a big trip to the post office this morning. Josh's mom helped me finish addressing and stamping our shower #1 thank you cards and wedding invitations last night. Those went in the mail this morning, so everyone should have their stuff by Tuesday. Sending the wedding invitations really made this seem real, which is good because we are now under the two month mark! :-)
I wanted to have a cool "going away" photo as we leave the wedding, and I'm not really sure if we could have sparklers or if the owners would flip out over them being fireworks. So, we are going to do a bubble picture instead. The bubble containers weren't very cute, so now they all have little orange bows on top. I like them much better. That was another project for last night.
My bridal portraits were last Sunday, and I like the results. My mom insisted that I have them made, so she orchestrated the whole thing. It was really a fun time actually, much to my surprise. She wasn't totally 100% happy because my dress is tea length, not a full length thing she'd wanted. I think it turned out well though, and I hate that I can't post pictures. Josh could stumble across this and see it, and I wouldn't be too happy about that.
I had my interview this week with the people for the teaching program I want to get into for the fall. I would finish my last two years of college with them (until I have to get my masters, etc.) and I was very nervous. They said that my grades were great and my ACT score was excellent and that nothing should prevent me from getting in, so fingers crossed. Everything seemed very positive from our conversation so hopefully it will all work out.
We have our shower #2 tomorrow (the Pampered Chef one!) and then I'll be finished with this semester of college in a week and a half. Then life will be a considerable amount better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment