We had our first shower last Sunday at his church, which was really exciting. I was a little nervous, I must admit, because I didn't know everyone there. I knew his family and the women that are part of the couples that we hang out with. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and we got a lot of really awesome gifts. I'm not sure where exactly we are going to be able to store all of our shower gifts plus our stuff that we are going to be moving soon, but we'll figure it out. So far, we've taken over once-empty bedrooms at our parents' houses as our storage place! We have two more showers to go, and then a party with my girls in June. That means lots more stuff, so hopefully we can make it all fit until we get our house ready..
Since Josh's dad and uncle gave us land, we are working on getting a house there. So far so good; we have a floor plan picked out as well as most of the details. Since construction and that whole industry is slow, I don't see any reason why it can't be done in the next few months except for the weather. And in Tennessee, the weather is crazy: 70 and sunny today, 60 and tornados tonight, and 30 and snowy tomorrow. That's just how we operate here I guess, but I'm hoping it cooperates. We've both already started to get stuff together (like winter clothes are mostly packed) so that when we move we already have stuff boxed up. My work is also moving to a new location, as soon as they get the building cleaned up and the parking lot is paved. The weather has been the factor there, and I know that we do start moving everything will be really hectic. I'll be moving at work and trying to get ready to move at home too. It will all be worth it in the end, even though it may get a little stressful.
I'm hoping to have shower #1 pictures and some model house pictures soon. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment